The Nimbin Environment Centre is a voluntary non profit organisation. Our history is rooted in the successful battles which saved Terania Creek and The NightCap Forest. We are very conscious of our continuous role as custodians of this land, hand in hand with its first people: The Bundjalung nation. We are one with the words of the Bundjalung Elders as displayed in Cullen St Nimbin: We belong this country We look after this country Don’t do wrong around here this country We belong this country.
The objects of the Nimbin Environment Centre are
- To protect, preserve and enhance our local environment.
- To provide information for our local population and visitors on a wide range of environmental concerns.
- To support environmentally sustainable initiatives within the local community.
- To support a shop selling environmentally sound products and in the process assisting local initiatives.
- To promote use and preservation of the National parks in our area.
- To provide a research and networking centre and focal point for environmental campaigns.